The Mitten Tree and Acts of Kindness | Grade 2 Hullabaloo: The Mitten Tree and Acts of Kindness

Friday, November 29, 2013

The Mitten Tree and Acts of Kindness

I've been busy planning for December fun in my classroom. My teammates and I are planning a second grade yard sale in a couple of weeks, so I am putting the finishing touches on materials for that. It's a super-fun way to give our kiddos a real world opportunity to practice money skills. 

In the finished column, I wrapped up two TPT products this past week. The first is a writing and word study kit based on the cute book by Marla Frazee. I'm looking forward to using Frazee's book as an anchor for teaching ELA skills next week. What a great way to kick off December! Can you believe that December begins on Sunday?!?






In an effort to keep my students (and myself) grounded during the upcoming "I want!" frenzy, I've put together several acts of kindness, focus-on-others activities that I have used for the past few years. I love Candace Christiansen's, The Mitten Tree, so I used it as a theme for this kit. 





On a final note, Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful that I was able to spend quality time with my sweet family. While I was there, I was able to visit with the chicks and ducklings that we hatched in my classroom about six weeks ago. Look how big they are! My students are going to be shocked by their growth. They had a great time munching on my brother's fall garden. 




No comments: