BOLO Link Up - Intro to Economics | Grade 2 Hullabaloo: BOLO Link Up - Intro to Economics

Monday, September 28, 2015

BOLO Link Up - Intro to Economics

 

Hi all,

I'm linking up with Stephanie from Principal PrinciplesAshley Reed from Just Reed and Brooke Brown from Teaching Outside the Box for this BOLO (Be on the Lookout) link up. It is all about showcasing a new product that is nearing completion. I'd love any feedback you have! That's the purpose of this link up -- to allow you to see what's in the works and provide feedback or make requests related to it. There most definitely will be a FREEBIE on my Facebook page, also!

My Introduction to Economics is geared toward second graders. First of all, can you believe second graders in Tennessee (where I teach) have to know about supply and demand, goods and services, and human, capital and natural resources? Admittedly, some of those have been on our list of state standards for a while, but not as in-depth as the revised social studies standards.

One thing I have noticed, as I create resources, FIRST, for myself and TPT, is that state standards usually have similarities in them. When I go searching for what I need, on TPT, I already have a standard in mind, so I don't have to check to see if it is referenced to my particular standard. So, if you're in the market for some economics activities that also touch on reading and math skills, check this out!



This product is going to be about 50 pages. I have included the following:


  • Vocabulary Task Cards (24 cards) -- vignettes in which students must use context clues or recall information to identify one of the 24 (and growing) vocabulary words 
  • Supply and Demand Task Cards (24 cards) -- vignettes requiring students to identify a correct aspect of supply and demand
  • Informational Text Reading Passages Related to Supply and Demand, Resource Types and Goods and Services -- These are great for close reading!
  • Games for Goods and Services, Producers and Consumers and Other Concepts
  • A Fun Import/Export Game that your 2nd Graders will Love!

Here are a few Sneak Peeks!





I expect to have this finished in about a week! So, follow me on TPT, to be the first to know!

Thanks to Principal Principles, Thinking Outside the Box and Just Reed for hosting this link up!

2 comments:

  1. So fabulous! Thank you so much for linking up!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, thank you for a great link-up! I appreciate the opportunity! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete