The Mitten Tree | Grade 2 Hullabaloo: The Mitten Tree

Monday, January 6, 2014

The Mitten Tree

Happy New Year! I have been avoiding all things school during this winter break. Due to frigid temps (7 degrees this morning!), we had today off, so I am taking advantage of this extra time to ease back into school mode. 


The holidays were wonderful, including our last week of school before winter break. I used The Mitten Tree Acts of Kindness kit, and my second graders did a fantastic job of designing their mittens! They designed, wrote a description, and then swapped descriptions to create someone else's mitten!  


Someone wrote a clear description for his partner to replicate!




As soon as we return, we'll gear up to learn about Dr. King, using Happy Birthday, Dr. King! to celebrate his birthday, and kick off the 100 Acts of Kindness activity that is included in the Dr. King kit. 





It's time to start collecting toilet tissue cardboard rolls to make the I Have a Dream craft! Isn't it amazing that TP rolls can be turned into so many crafty items! They are one of my go-to crafty staples. 




I hope you're warm where you are. Happy Monday!

Susan

No comments: