New Laptop ~ New Materials for December | Grade 2 Hullabaloo: New Laptop ~ New Materials for December

Sunday, November 24, 2013

New Laptop ~ New Materials for December

Remember that Florida beach trip that I mentioned not taking? I took some of the money that I would have spent and got myself a spiffy, new, PURPLE laptop! While I'm bundled up in these freezing temperatures, working on school stuff, I can dream of a beach trip by looking at this.



Three Sisters Beach, Great Exuma, Bahamas

I've been taking advantage of the peace and quiet to work on my plans for December. I just finished Santa Claus: The World's Number One Writing and Word Study Expert, based on Santa Claus: The World's Number One Toy Expert by Marla Frazee. I love this book!  Here's a peek at the two literacy centers with Santa's To-Do Lists and Claus Clues, which focuses on context clues.  I can't wait to put this into the hands of my second graders. I think they're going to love it, especially the cards with QR codes that link to websites for some real world research. 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Santa-Claus-The-Worlds-Number-One-Writing-Word-Study-Expert-Grade-2-994248


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Santa-Claus-The-Worlds-Number-One-Writing-Word-Study-Expert-Grade-2-994248

However, for now, it's time to rest and plan a day of shopping. I am going to try to finish my Christmas shopping this week -- before Black Friday. I am not a fan of shopping, so I am motivated to get it done to beat the crowds!

Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: